Thursday, August 28, 2008

Time to sit still...

..sort of.

I've been quite a nomad for the month of August. I moved out on the first, lived at my parents house for a week, flew to New York to spend the day with Sarah, left JFK for Israel on August 10th, spent 10 days there, came back to Tallahassee, spent a few days at my parents house, and drove down to Miami on Tuesday. Wow. Included in that few days with my parents were two days with no power, courtesy of Hurricane Fay (or was it just Tropical Storm Fay?).

The drive down to Miami was long and tiring. I've been fighting off sickness (not very well, apparently) since midway through my trip to Israel. The trip was amazing, just really tiring. I have hundreds of pictures, but I have to say the one in this post is one of my favorites. That's me and Jon riding a camel through the Negev... we named him Marvin. Camels make really funny noises....

So now I'm in Miami, finally. I started class today at MDC. It's nice to be back in a classroom. The apartment is a mess, since we don't have furniture, which means it's tough to unpack with no drawers, shelves, or anything. We've already planned a trip to Ikea this weekend... stay tuned for pictures and stories from there!

No comments: