Friday, August 8, 2008

Bye, Westwood!

I went back to my house yesterday to meet Kelli, the new tenant... she moved in on Wednesday.

As soon as I met her, she thanked me probably 6 times for renting them such a nice house... she went on and on about it being pretty, and quiet, and nice, and about how much storage there was... my response, of course, was "Thanks for paying my mortgage while I'm not here!"

She and Megan are both really nice, and I feel good about leaving our house in their hands. It made me feel better about the whole situation. Leaving Westwood yesterday, for the first time, I wasn't sad. I've been so sad and sentimental about the whole moving thing since we started packing, but I finally feel better about it. I know it's just a house, but it makes me happy that they love it and are excited to be living there... and their money makes me happy too!

I went back to my parents house, my temporary home for the week, with a Moo, Moo Mr. Cow from our neighborhood Moes (and the best one in town!), ate it, then packed for my trip. Oscar and I had our last slumber party before I leave for 2 weeks... it was glorious!

So now I'm leaving town... I fly to New York this afternoon, get to spend all day with Sarah on Saturday, and am leaving for Israel on Sunday.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay for Boo Slumber parties!

And yay for leaving our house in good hands :)