Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I'm here.... my stuff is there...

Jon left on Monday to drive down to Miami with all of our stuff. I think I've said it before, but moving is quite liberating. Aside from being an irritating annoyance, it's soooo nice to get rid of things and sort of start new. Sarah and I probably got rid of 3 or 4 car loads of stuff at Goodwill, and an untold amount of stuff at the dumpster. Ahh... so nice to get rid of junk you don't need. Like the 7 bed spreads we had in our house- seriously, 7. For two people. I think I take after my mom, not wanting to throw still nice things away, even though I don't use them. I'm also pretty sure we had at least 20 towels. Crazy.

I went to Comcast yesterday with Megan to switch over the cable. They now owe us $2.46. They said they'll send a check soon. I'm relatively positive that it will cost more than the $2.46 they owe us to process the payment and mail it. What a waste. The utilities are set to turn off tomorrow. So many things to take care of before I leave!

I went to the new Walmart in town yesterday to get stuff for my trip. I love the "Tiny Stuff Aisle", as we call it. It's so fun to buy new travel bottles! I guess I'm easily amused.

Anyway, I'm leaving on Friday to go to NYC for the day (Hi Sarah!), and leaving for Israel on Sunday at 2. I'm so excited!.... now I just have to pack.... isn't that all I do these days?

3 comments:

cxfxfghxgfx said...

I guess it might be better than the .64 that Washington Gas wanted us to pay...by mail. The online payment center won't accept payments of less than either a $1 or $2.

Jonathan said...

your stuff misses you

CP said...

what can $2+ of cable buy you?!