Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Toys!

I am now the proud owner of.... a bunch of expensive toys from Apple.

We went to the Apple store this weekend and I got a new computer (MacBook), the Adobe Creative Suite Premium edition, Microsoft Office, and a new iPod Touch. The only reason I got the iPod was because it was free :) Turns out they're running a promotion for students, and if you buy a computer for school, you get a free iPod. Sweet. The price tag on it is $300, so I consider myself quite lucky!

I've been on the job hunt lately. Which I HATE. I've found a few good ones and sent in my resume, and now I'm playing the waiting game. What I have found (that's reassuring) are a bunch of jobs I'm not qualified for. At the moment. But it's nice to know that what I've chosen to go back to school for has fun potential. I've found a lot of jobs that, in a year or so, with a little more experience and a portfolio, I'll be able to get. It's a nice thing to see!

One of my favorite internet listing sites is Craigslist. It's gotten a little SPAM-y lately, but I still go there for job postings. There is some angry person (or some angry people... who knows?) that seems to have gotten miffed about people offering to pay graphic designers what, in his opinion, is a pity sum of money.

A few favorites, for your reading pleasure....
1- Taking the (slightly) high road
2- "50 bucks my ass"
3- "20k- what a joke"
4- a fair (?) warning

And those are just from yesterday and today. Crazy. If you ever get bored, there are a lot of amusing sections on Craigslist...and some of them are very inappropriate... I'll let you find those for yourself

2 comments:

CP said...

I enjoy the "missed connections" section on craigslist... if you mee the most beautiful woman in the world, but didn't get her number... look for her there! lol.

CP said...

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/mis/836322068.html

too funny...