Wednesday, July 30, 2008

She left this morning

Dad and I took Mom and Sarah to the airport this morning. It was sad :(

I'm not going to go into details, because I really am happy for her... we all are... it's just sad to move away. I suppose we all knew the time would come when Sarah and I wouldn't live feet away from each other and see each other every day. As strange as it sounds, it just kind of crept up on us. It took 25 years and 4 months to creep, but it came today.

I get to see her next week in New York for a day on my way to Israel, and we have quite the travel schedule lined up to see each other throughout the year. I suppose it'll settle in, and things will get a little eaiser and not quite as sad.... It may just take some time.

Mom and Sarah with all her bags...












Sarah and me at the security line, where we waved good-bye


















Wendall, the little bear I got her to take with her. It's a long story, but his shirt that I made him has to do with silly nicknames we have for each other

2 comments:

Ashley said...

so, this is what happens when i don't read lj for at least a week?!?! what a great blog! i was just thinking today(when i was telling you about some of my fav blogs) that i should start one of all my favorite things...haha, like that'll happen, i can't even post regularly to lj!

The Tabot Fam said...

That is a lot of luggage....and a pretty dang cute picture.