Sunday, December 21, 2008

Latkes, Matzo Ball Soup, and Jelly Donuts

Happy Hanukkah! Tonight marks the beginning of the eight days of Hanukkah... which I marked by having Christy and Tracy over for a tasty dinner of latkes and matzo ball soup. I've only made latkes once, and that was with a recipe a friend gave me. Tonight, I used Missy's recipe for latkes (I love hers- they're the best). In addition to the giant mess that I made (I swear, I'm the messiest cook ever), I made some pretty kickin latkes. They were quite delicious. I topped that off with some hot and tasty matzo ball soup.

Dinner was topped off by the delicious jelly donuts that Christy provided. I don't think I've ever eaten a jelly donut before- I was quite impressed. Good old Dunkin Donuts rarely lets you down.

We got some really great menorah's at our engagement party, so we lit those, in addition to one I already had. Christy took some more pictures- I'll post those when I get them from her. Hooray for Hanukkah!

1 comment:

The Tabot Fam said...

Hey! I'm still here! I'll be in town through the weekend. Come on by...we'd love to see you an show off Ayden, of course! =]