Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I fell...

... for both advertising and popular culture, all in one whack.

While riding the subway last week, I saw an ad for a free book download from audible.com. Awesome deal. I love audio books, but they're so pricey if you have to buy them. I logged on last night, and found that the freebie was for one audible.com credit, and most books are one credit. As I was surfing through the most popular books, I saw Twilight. I've never had the desire to read it, but I feel like it's all I've heard about for the past few weeks. So I decided to download it. However, Twilight cost two credits, unlike most of the other options. So what did I do? I got a one credit book for free, and paid for Twilight. Still not a bad deal- two audio books for $23.00.... but the fact stands that I fell for advertising in that I paid for a book, which is exactly what the audible.com people wanted, at the same time falling for pop culture telling me what to read.

I will report back when I've finished it, and let you know what I think.

No comments: